Our Social Responsibility
Social responsibility is not just an obligation for Hycroft Mining Corporation; it’s a part of our corporate culture. Our team and Board of Directors are dedicated to making a positive impact on our employees and the communities in which we work. We integrate our business goals and objectives with the interests and values of everyone affected by our Company, whether they are employees, shareholders, or the community at large. Our success is their success.
Hycroft Mining Corporation’s policies and actions reflect this responsibility at all times. The Board of Directors has established a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. This document is an integral part of the Company’s policy to manage with full transparency and in the best interest of shareholders and other stakeholders. It also aims to deter wrongdoing by promoting honest, ethical and moral conduct.
Hycroft Mining Corporation’s employees and service providers are the single most important assets of the Company and are critical to the Company’s success. Hycroft Mining is committed to protecting and promoting the health and safety of our employees, and protecting the health and safety of others while working at or visiting an Hycroft Mining location.
Hycroft Mining Corporation will:
- Ensure that all employees are trained to understand their health and safety responsibilities and are motivated to adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Comply with applicable health and safety laws and regulations at all times, at all locations, at all stages of exploration, development, operations, and closure.
- Establish and maintain standards, procedures and management controls to ensure appropriate health and safety considerations are integrated into all aspects of our business in an effort to minimize occupational risks.
- Require contractors working at Hycroft Mining’s locations to perform at the same health and safety standards as the Company.
- Provide adequate financial and human resources to ensure that occupational health and safety is given an equal and balanced priority with other key business activities.
- Implement procedures to measure health and safety performance, including regular audits of operations to verify compliance with the Company’s policy and applicable regulations.
- Involve employees in the development and implementation of procedures and standards affecting their health and safety. Pertinent occupational health and safety information will be communicated among all employees and stakeholders. The Company will work proactively with all stakeholders and other mining companies to define health and safety priorities for the mining industry and develop responsible legislation and regulation.
- Continuously review health and safety achievements and technology to seek and implement methods for further improvement and promote best practices.
- Require a dedicated Committee of the Board of Directors to meet on a regular basis to provide an independent review and oversight of the health and safety policies and systems, ensure compliance with applicable laws, promote best management practices and ensure Allied Nevada is an industry leader concerning health and safety performance.
Hycroft Mining Corporation recognizes its responsibility to manage the environmental change associated with its operations. Environmental leadership in the mining industry is a strategic business objective of the Company. Maintaining this standard is vital to the Company’s success and continued development. It is our goal to operate to the benefit of our shareholders and our local communities, without compromising the long-term capacity of these areas to support productive post-mining uses.
Hycroft Mining Corporation will:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations at all times, at all locations, at all stages of exploration, development, operations, and closure.
- Establish and maintain standards, procedures and management controls to ensure environmental considerations are given an equal and balanced priority with other key business activities.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are trained to understand their environmental responsibilities and motivated to adhere to the Company’s policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
- Provide financial and human resources to ensure that the goals outlined in this policy are attained.
- Require contractors to perform to the same environmental standards as the Company.
- Implement procedures to measure environmental performance, including regular audits of operations to verify compliance with the Company’s policy and applicable regulations.
- Communicate openly with employees, the regulatory community, and the public on environmental issues, and work pro-actively with other mining companies, policy makers and the public to define environmental priorities and develop responsible laws and regulations to protect the environment.
- Continuously review environmental achievements and technology to seek and implement methods for further improvement and promote implementation of best practices.
- Develop and maintain reclamation and closure cost estimates, account for those costs in the Company’s business plans, and address the Company’s reclamation and closure obligations in a way that demonstrates excellence and establishes industry-wide leadership through example.
- Require a dedicated Committee of the Board of Directors to meet on a regular basis to provide an independent review and oversight of the environmental policies and systems to ensure compliance with applicable laws; promote best practices and ensure that Hycroft Mining Corporation is an industry leader concerning environmental performance.
Adopted March 1, 2007 This code applies to every director, officer (including our chief executive officer, chief financial officer and chief accounting officer) and employee of Hycroft Mining Corporation and its affiliated entities (collectively, the “Company”). The term employee includes any individual that is paid on the company payroll.
To read the Code of Conduct and Ethics, click here.