Hycroft Mining recognizes its responsibility to manage the environmental change associated with its operations. Environmental leadership in the mining industry is a strategic business objective of the Company. Maintaining this standard is vital to the Company’s success and continued development. It is our goal to operate to the benefit of our shareholders and our local communities, without compromising the long-term capacity of these areas to support productive post-mining uses.
Hycroft Mining will:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations at all times, at all locations, at all stages of exploration, development, operations, and closure.
- Establish and maintain standards, procedures, and management controls to ensure environmental considerations are given an equal and balanced priority with other key business activities.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are trained to understand their environmental responsibilities and motivated to adhere to the Company’s policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Provide financial and human resources to ensure that the goals outlined in this policy are attained.
- Require contractors to perform to the same environmental standards as the Company.
- Implement procedures to measure environmental performance, including regular audits of operations to verify compliance with the Company’s policy and applicable regulations.
- Communicate openly with employees, the regulatory community, and the public on environmental issues, and work pro actively with other mining companies, policy makers and the public to define environmental priorities and develop responsible laws and regulations to protect the environment.
- Continuously review environmental achievements and technology to seek and implement methods for further improvement and promote implementation of best practices.
- Develop and maintain reclamation and closure cost estimates, account for those costs in the Company’s business plans, and address the Company’s reclamation and closure obligations in a way that demonstrates excellence and establishes industry-wide leadership through example.
- Require a dedicated Committee of the Board of Directors to meet on a regular basis to provide an independent review and oversight of the environmental policies and systems to ensure compliance with applicable laws, promote best practices and ensure that Hycroft is an industry leader concerning environmental performance.